You like curry…you like pasta... but always wondered how you could combine the goodness of both ?
Try this out and thank me later! :D
- 1 1/2 white onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 chopped red chilli
- Sunflower/Rapseed oil
- 300 ml (vegetable/beef) stock
- 1 tablespoon light muscovado sugar
- 2 tablespoon tomato purée
- 8 tablespoons double cream
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 250g Mince meat
- 250g Mushrooms
- 250g Choice of pasta
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 4 cardamom pods
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 /4 ground cinnamon
- Crush and grind all curry power ingredient in a mortar and pestle into a powder, and set aside.
- In medium heat, fry onions, garlic, mushrooms and chilli in oil until golden and soft.
- Add mince meat and curry powder into the pan and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add stock, puré, salt, pepper, sugar into the pan and mix well. Cover the pan, reduce heat to low, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add double cream into the pan and mix well. Stir well and cook for another 10 minutes or until the liquid is reduced to a creamy sauce.
- While the sauce is cooking, cook the pasta in another pan.
- Serve pasta hot, mixed in source or added on top of pasta.